Tour Code : AASKTC005
Start : Nairobi
End : Nairobi
Tour Duration: 14 Days Kenya/Tanzania Wildlife Camping
Highlights : Best of Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife camping safari , Samburu wildlife, Bird watching ,at Lake Nakuru/ Masai Mara migration camping safaris , Serengeti /Ngorongoro /Lake Eyasi /Manyara National park
Accommodations: Self contained Tents in Samburu /Nakuru/Masai Mara/Camping in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Eyasi.Lake Manyara – hotel in Arusha town
Day 1: Arrival –
Nairobi Pick up from the airport on arrival and transfer to Boulevard hotel for overnight stay. Day 2 : Nairobi – Samburu Pick up from your hotel at 0700 hrs and passing the majestic Mt. Kenya en route to the open savannah of Samburu Game Reserve. We camp in the narrow stretch of palms and woodland by the Ewaso Nyiro River which provides water for the animals and some relief from the equatorial sun.
Day 3 : Samburu National Reserve
Full day spent exploring the park. Morning and afternoon game drives are offered – Dinner and overnight stay at a campsite. The highlights of Samburu game reserve is the spectacular scenic beauty, rivers and forests. It is an area where the local people have a rich and colorful heritage. The reserves have numerous permanent springs and a wealth of wildlife which includes leopard, hippo, elephant, lion, reticulated giraffe, grevy’s zebra and crocodile in the Ewaso Nyiro river. Over 365 species of birds have been identified in the sanctuaries.
Day 4 : Lake Nakuru National park.
We break the camp soon after break fast and proceed to Lake Nakuru National park. Game is viewed as we exit the park. Lunch enroute followed by an afternoon game drives as the pick lake. Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru guest house
Lake Nakuru is a shallow alkaline lake on the edges of Nakuru town and lies a distance of 160 kilometers from Nairobi. The lake is world famous as home to millions of flamingoes. The number of flamingoes depends on the water level which determines the quantity of algae on which the birds feed. Flamingoes are known to migrate to other Rift Valley lakes whenever the water level is low. The National Park surrounds the lake and was gazetted to protect the colony of flamingoes as well as provide sanctuary for endangered species such as the rhino. There are about 25 white and black rhinos, one of the largest concentrations in the country. Predators are also residents to this park while Rothschild’s giraffe have been trans-located into the park for safety
Day 5 : Lake Nakuru – Maasai Mara
We break the camp soon after breakfast and travel south through the beautiful savannahs and plains of the Rift Valley and reach our base camp in good time for lunch, afternoon game drives followed by dinner and overnight stay at Mara sidai or Enchoro camp .
Day 6/7 : Maasai Mara
Spend the next two days on game drives exploring the Masai Mara. The open grasslands are home to incredibly rich and varied wildlife and the awesome, annual migration of millions of wildebeest and antelope is the highlight of any visit to Africa from July to September. Optional balloon safari can be arranged at an extra coat of US$ 450 per person. Dinner and overnight stay at Mara sidai or Enchoro camp .
The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is arguably Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary. It is the most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film ‘Out of Africa’ was made to a great extent in this reserve. Virtually every type of wildlife can be seen at the Mara. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle from Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara River to reach Maasai Mara grazing fields from late June. The dramatic crossing of the river and the preying on the migrants by predators can be viewed from early July to August. The reserve abounds with birdlife since dose to about 452 species have been recorded.
Day 8 : Maasai Mara
– Musoma- Lake Victoria We leave the camp and drive through the southern part of the reserve viewing game as we proceed to the Tanzanian border at Isebania / Sirari. We stop for the night in a quiet town on the shores of the immense Lake Victoria known as Musoma. The surrounding countryside is home to many different tribes including the Kuria, Jita, Luo, and Taturu. Musoma’s colorful port and variety of tribes make it a vibrant town. Dinner and overnight stay at Tembo beach hotel Day 9 : Musoma – Serengeti National Park
Leaving in the morning, we drive south and west to the western corridor of the great Serengeti via Ndabaka Gate with a picnic lunch enroute. The afternoon is spent viewing game and we overnight at Seronera Campsite
Day 10 : Serengeti National Park
Departing in the morning, you drive west game viewing through the western corridor of the Serengeti to the Central region of Seronera. Overnight at one of the campsites at Seronera. Serengeti is Africa’s most famous and Tanzania’s largest park covering 14,736 sq km and is adjoining with the Masai Mara National reserve in Kenya. With a wildebeest population of about 2 million and several other hoofed species (which include zebra, Thomson’s gazelle, impala, topi, Grants gazelle, Kongoni, Eland, Kirk’s dik dik, klipspringer, roan, Oryx, oribi, waterbuck, buffalo, giraffe and warthog), it is sure to attract a string of prey such as lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, golden jackals and bat eared foxes. Elephants are relatively scarce and the few remaining black rhinoceros are restricted to the Moru Koppies area
Day 11: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater Tour
Early breakfast then Proceed to Ngorongoro for a full day game drives with packed lunches ascend the crater rim for dinner and overnight stay at Simba Campsite.
The Ngorongoro crater is the world’s biggest whole volcanic caldera at 8300 sq km and is arguably the most stunning arena.
It is frequently described as one of the wonders of the world, not only because of its geological magnificence, but also because it serves as an extraordinary natural sanctuary for some of Africa’s largest populations of large mammals. Ngorongoro and other freestanding mountains are volcanic in origin, formed during the fracturing process that created the Rift valley 15 to 20 million years ago. When it peaked in size 3 million years ago it was a similar height to Mt. Kilimanjaro today
Day 12 : Ngorongoro
– Lake Eyasi After breakfast we will drive to the shores of Lake Eyasi. We arrive in time for lunch at the a kisima Ngende campsite After picnic lunch, thorough explanation of the Eyasi and launch a walking trip around the Lake, the breeding site of flamingo birds. Your guide will explain to you well on how the flamingos can produce their own food. Lake Eyasi is a very scenic soda lake found on the southern border of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This less visited lake lies at the base of the Eyasi escarpment on the western rift valley wall. This afternoon you will be introduced to the extraordinary people who belong to an indigenous tribe known as the ‘Hadzabe’ (hunter-gatherer bushmen). Dinner and overnight stay at a campsite
Day 13 Lake Eyasi –
Lake Manyara After breakfast walk through the scattered bush to the Bushmen’s bush-home accompanied by your guide and a local guide who can speak the Bushmen’s language. These Bushmen are of Hadzabe tribe and are living in groups divided in approx. 10 families, they like visitors. You will experience their bush life as they have unique style of hunting as they eat game meat, rodents, insects, roots and leaves. They sleep in caves. Drive to Lake Manyara for dinner and overnight stay at Twiga campsite
Day 14 – Lake Manyara –
Arusha Early breakfast then drive to Lake Manyara National park .Explore the park famed for tree climbing lions. Picnic lunch is offered .Exit the park and drive to Arusha for dinner and overnight stay at a hotel The Lake Manyara National park is serene and beautiful with main attractions of a rich bird life, tree-climbing lions, its elephants, and hippos that you can see at closer range than most other places. Lake Manyara is an alkaline lake and at certain times of the year hosts thousands of flamingos and a diversity of other bird life. Although it is one of the smallest parks, its vegetation is so diverse enabling it to host a variety of wildlife habitats.
N.B you could add a few relaxing days at Zanzibar beach
Tour price includes:-
– Guaranteed safari confirmation – 1 night Nairobi hotel accommodations before the safari on BB
-Transport in a Custom made tour van in Kenya and 4×4 land cruiser in Tanzania
– Services of a professional English speaking guide
– Complimentary airport transfers in Nairobi
– Extensive game drives as detailed in the program
– Game parks or national parks entry fees;
– Full Board accommodations in Eco camps/campsites as per the itinerary
– Three meals per day whilst on safari
– All camping gear while in Tanzania
-Crater service fees/conservation fees.
-Ngorongoro Crater Tour
– Arusha /Nairobi Shuttle transfers
– 1 litre Mineral water per person per day
– Cultural visits to Masai villages
– Personal effects
– sleeping bags for the Tanzania section
– Kenya /Tanzania Visas
– Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before and after the safari
N.B you could add a few relaxing days at Zanzibar beach itinerary